Sunday, November 23, 2008

End of Keeping Faith

I recently finished reading Keeping Faith. It was an overall very moving and meaningful book. One part of it that I really enjoyed reading was the chapters that were about the trial of who got full custody of Faith. I really enjoyed this because it really teaches you a lot of things about the law in general, and in this case a lot about munchausins by proxy and other kinds of different conditions. To me, it was like watching a movie, and the whole time rooting for Mariah. After watching numerous episodes of Law and Order: SVU and taking government last year it made it even more interesting to read this whole hearing because I understood how everything worked and could definitely picture it as a law and order episode. There were many emotional parts of it, including when they had Faith walk into the courtroom after her near death experience in the hospital followed by a coma. I won't give away the ending to this book because I think it's definitely a book that everyone should read. But I will say Jodi Picoult never ceases to amaze me with her writing and how she makes you understand everyones complicated side of the story.

No comments: