Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Downfall for American Idol

I read a tv blog from yahoo.com about American Idol called "When 'Idol' goes Idle". This blog talked about how with each season of American Idol fans the contestants become less and less talented, saying that Jordin Sparks wasn't as much of an idol as Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia etc. I disagree with him, because I thought Jordin sparks was really talented, and was impressed with the contestants last year including the last two standing David Cook and David Archuleta. The blog goes on to say that the show has suffered a 8% rating decline last season. After the dip the show decided to change up some things, like add a new judge named Kara DioGuardi, show less of the less talented singers, getting to know the contestant's stories more, lets the judges decide the top 3, and shorter result shows. I think this all could possibly cause some people to watch it, but the majority of people not watching it probably won't start just because of these minor changes. I know i will probably end up watching some of it since my mom is a fanatic, and maybe these changes will end up impacting the show more than I thought.

No comments: